Download and install Xlite
Download Xlite from the official source here https://www.counterpath.com/x-lite-download/.Once downloaded please double click the downloaded file and follow onscreen instructions to install.
After installation, windows firewall should prompt you to allow Xlite. You must make sure it is allowed otherwise functionality may not work.
Register an account
- Open Xlite and then go to Softphone => Account Settings
- Enter account details
Account Name: Enter any description here
User ID: Your extension number here
Domain: The hostname/SIP Server here
Password: Account password
Display Name: Brief name here
Authorization name: Your extension number here
Following is how it would look like, your account credentials will be sent separately in email
- Change “Registration timer” under Softphone => Account Settings => Advanced.
Change “Register every” to 120 and if you have problem receiving calls then change it to 60.
- Once done, click Ok button on the button to register the account. On successful registration, you should see the message very briefly “Account enabled. The phone is ready”
- You should now be able to receive and make calls.
- Pick Up an Incoming Call from any Extension
- Call Parking – Placing on Hold
- Call Transfer
- Direct Transfer To Voicemail
- Forwarding Calls
- Using The Headset Or Speaker
- Making A Call
- Answering Calls
- Call Hold/Resume
- 3-Way Conference
- Voicemail Message
- Mute / Do Not Disturb (DND)
- Volume Adjustments
- Change Ringtone
- Change Ringtone for Internal Calls
- Voicemail Custom Greetings
- Xlite Setup